branch graphic

Safeguarding Adults

CCG's responsibilities in Safeguarding Adults

The five CCGs in Hampshire (North Hampshire, South East Hampshire, West Hampshire, North East Hampshire & Farnham, Fareham and Gosport) have a responsibility to ensure that there are effective safeguarding arrangements in place for services in which they commission. These include effective systems for reporting abuse and neglect, and to ensure that safeguarding adults is central to the quality agenda, with all staff employed by the CCG being aware of their responsibilities.

A further break down of more specific CCG responsibilities can be found in our safeguarding adults policy, which you can read here.

Please note that Hampshire County Council is the lead agency.

What to do if you think an adult is being abused

Everyone is entitled to live a life free from fear or harm. Safeguarding is everyone's business, therefore if you or someone you know is being harmed or living in fear it is important that you raise your concerns. Abuse or harm can include financial abuse, physical abuse, emotional abuse, neglect, sexual abuse or discrimination.

If anyone has been seriously injured or is in immediate danger, dial 999.

If you think a crime may have been committed, dial 101.

In other cases please contact Hampshire Adult Services on 0845 603 5630 (9:00am-5:00pm, Monday to Friday) or 0845 600 4555 (out of hours)

All reported concerns will be taken seriously. Further information can be found on the Hampshire County Council website.

Safeguarding adults in general practice

For general practitioners, further guidance can be found on the Wessex LMC website.

Hampshire Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB)

The Hampshire SAB issue policy and practice bulletins, which you can read here.  

- See more at: